Get the most out of your Real Estate Photography
THE BEST PHOTOS START WITH A LITTLE PREPARATION.
As storytellers, our photographers capture the essence of every room in the home so clients can actually feel what it’s like to live there. However, we also rely on you, the listing agent, to help us tell this story.
To get the best photos, we recommend scheduling Open Homes Photography services once staging is complete and the home is clean and free of visitors. For example, it’s best to schedule before any broker’s tours or open houses, but after the listing has been properly set up and staged.
Contact us if you’re not sure, and read on for some great tips on getting the best real estate photography in the industry!
- Remove cars from your driveway and surrounding the street in front of your home
- Cleanup landscaping (mow lawn, clear leaves, trim shrubs, etc.)
- Remove any clutter from front yard (garden hose, children’s toys)
- Hide trash cans
- Clean pool and hide all cleaning supplies
- Turn ON all water features
- Thoroughly clean all rooms that will be photographed (vacuum, dust, mop, clean windows)
- Please stow pets away in a safe room that will not be photographed i.e. garage
- Have fireplace running if possible
- Remove any magazines, mail, personal photographs, etc
- Remove any clutter and wipe down tables and counters
- Neatly make beds (fluff pillows, fold blankets, pull covers tight)
- Clear the sink of any dishes
- Store away all phone/tablet chargers
- Remove trash cans
- Hide any personal household items
- Make sure all interior and exteriors lights are on and all bulbs are in working order and they are the same color (natural, incandescent, etc.)
- Make sure all landscape, exterior and pool lighting are all on and in working order
- Open all blinds and window treatments throughout home
- Make sure to tum on all gas fireplaces throughout home and any outdoor fireplace or fire pits
Credits to: Open Homes Photography